Open tournament rules
System of playSwiss System, 10 rounds. The pairings will be made by the “Swiss Manager” software, being the referee team responsible for those pairings.
Dates and HoursAvailable at the schedule you will find in this web.
Time control90 minutes for the first 40 moves + 30 minutes for the rest, with increment of 30 seconds from the first move.
Waiting time60 minutes.
Groups of play:Two competition groups will be established:
- Group A: open to all players with a FIDE valid license and who have at least 1700 FIDE's ELO points. Valid for ELO FCE, FIDE and FEDA, and to obtain international norms.
- Group B: open to players with FIDE’s ELO below 2000 points and who have not surpassed 2100 FIDE’s ELO points in the last 3 years. Valid for ELO FCE, FIDE and FEDA. Playing in this group is optional: all players can enroll in Group A if they wish.
Apart from the restrictions established in the bases of each tournament, the organization reserves the right to prevent the participation of players based on other criteria, such as abrupt drops in the Elo lists prior to the tournament dispute, odd Elo downloads in certain tournaments, etc.
Specific rules of participation:
- Unregistered players who haven’t notified the Organization with a minimum of 48 h in advance of the start of the tournament will not be matched.
- Clocks will be put into operation on time. Players who do not show up within 60 minutes after the start of the game will lose that game.
- SAny player who does not show up at a tournament’s round without any justification will be considered to have left the tournament. It will also be automatically eliminated from the tournament any player who fails to attend two consecutive or alternate rounds, even if he has a justification for that. In order to justify a failure to appear, the player must contact the Organization of the Festival before the end of the round that he did not attend, so that he can be paired in the next round.
- No draw may be agreed without the consent of the referee until both players have completed a number equal to or greater than 30 plays.
Byes:For each bye or rest requested, zero points will be assigned.
Results and pairings:At the end of each round, and once validated by the referees, partial results and rankings will be published both at Vento bar and restaurant (inside the hotel), and at the official Festival website and the internet portal www.chess-results.com.
Pairings for the following rounds will be published both at Vento bar and restaurant, and at the front-desk area of the hotel.